Thursday, May 21, 2009

Without Further Ado....The Bridesmaids

After an unnecessarily long hiatus, I'm back on the blog. Today I want to introduce you to the bridesmaids, or 'The Team' as Madison and I call them. They are 5 awesome ladies and I'm so glad to have them in my life and in our wedding!

Maid of Honor

Madison Lyleroehr


Madison is my tender-hearted, super-talented best friend. College and the growing up that goes along with it can be tough on a girl, so it is such a blessing to have someone like her to support you through all the tough times. She is an optimist in the truest sense of the word, and always sees the beauty in even the ugliest of times. Madison just graduated from Brandeis University with a degree in Sociology. She also sings a little ;-)













Bridesmaids

Kelly Monday

Kelly, my sister-in-law, who puts up with my annoying big brother and who is the mother of my favorite two boys in the world, is a truly invaluable member of my family. She has an infectious smile, brings much needed laughter to our lives and helps us see the humor in things when we try to take ourselves too seriously. Kelly is also a fantastic organizer and a great shopping buddy. She works as a radiology technician at a local doctor’s office.



Lauren (Brichetto) Hinkle


More than being Matt’s sister, Lauren has been in my life since middle school. I was actually friends with her before I knew her cute older brother! Lauren’s friendship and sweet spirit have been an inspiration to me. Lauren is also a fantastic cook, and she has been patient in trying to help pass on the domestic skills she has learned to a somewhat clueless student. Lauren got married in May and works a sonographer.






Sara Holtzclaw (aka Sara Little)


I am lucky to share my name with this girl. Sara is compassionate and caring, and has spent many hours listening to me bemoan some dramatic experience or another, often sharing insights that have helped me make decisions in tough situations. She is a great encouragement and book-trading partner. Sara will graduate from UT with her Master’s Degree next year, and then she’ll take on the world of elementary education.






Georgia Varlan


My freshman roommate, Georgia could be one of the most intimidating people I know. She excels in everything she puts her mind to, including interning with the White House Economic Council and studying abroad in China. However, underneath all the crazy accomplishments and intellect is a down to earth girl with very curly hair. GA was a great roommate, and she has become an even better friend. After conquering law school at UVA, Georgia will continue with her plan of world domination – just kidding. She’ll end up doing something exotic and super-important, though, and I’ll be saying ‘I knew her when’.








Stay tuned for more posts (I promise I'll do better).

Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment